Guidelines to save energy this Christmas
During Christmas holidays, one of the most energy-consuming elements, for everyone, is the lighting of the house.
It is usual to use bright ornaments at home, which often use halogen technology, high drain. The best option is to progressively replacing it by LED technology, which preferably incorporates solar collector to run, so we are eliminating electricity consumption completely. The same happens in residential buildings with landscaped communal areas. However, in apartments we can only use LED decorative lights to save energy.
On the other hand, the most energy-consuming element during the cold months inside a home rarely focuses on lighting. Put the focus on the elements designed to heat the house, water heating, etc. such as air conditioning, the heat, central heating, etc. In that sense, it is advisable to regulate temperatures as the highest consumption occurs when there are large jumps and systems have to work twice as hard to reach the desired temperature at a given time.
- Set the temperature between 17 and 18 degrees although we are not inside the house.
- Set the temperature between 21 and 22 degrees when we are inside the house.
- Set the temperature of the heater thermostat to 50 degrees in air conditioning
- Close grids of rooms which don’t need to be heated
- Each degree reduces consumption by 5-8%
- With programmable thermostats to save heat, you do not need the entire volume of hot water 24h.
- Take into account the simultaneity of consumption to avoid peak.